Did you know at least 1 in 3 students in Canada experiences bullying? 47% of Canadian parents report having a child victim of bullying (Statistics Canada). We can help eliminate bullies by building confidence and strength and teaching would-be bullies how good it feels to help others rather than harm them.
Kids need an outlet away from electronics that teaches them team work, community and fitness. The Kid’s Crew 8 – 12 program is focused on fitness, nutrition, life skills and fun. Kids will learn to work together to accomplish class workouts, to look out for each other and to use their strengths as a means of helping others.
Obesity rates in Canada have tripled in the last 30 years (Public Health Canada). Without physical activity and good nutrition, children suffer over time from health difficulties like diabetes, to emotional problems like low self-esteem, depression and more.
Our kids program will not only give kids knowledge on proper movement techniques and a wide variety of class workouts (they won’t get bored repeating workouts!), but we also include brief talks on basic nutrition principles and motivation to be their best physically and academically.
In the summer months the program will run outdoors. In the Fall we will move to our indoor location at 1000 Brookfield Road (not far from Hog’s Back Park). Equipment will vary widely but be based primarily on kids using their own body weight as the primary point of resistance.
Classes might include:
1. General movements (push-ups, sit-ups, squats)
2. Gymnastics (ring pull-ups, ring traverse, cartwheels)
3. Agility (ladders, cones, box jumps, balance boards)
4. Team work drills (tire pull, farmer’s carry)
5. Running (short distance in a loop or from station to station)
6. Bouldering (rock climbing up a low wall), Monkey Bars, rope climbing and more!
Kids booking and pricing policies:
· The kids pricing package is the same as the adult package. You can sign up your child online and register them with a package of sessions.
· Kids are required to book in 24 hours prior to the class but can optionally book in 30 days in advance (classes are subject to availability and based on a first come, first serve basis).
· Cancelations window is 24 hours. If you cancel with less than 24 hours you lose one of the classes.